Also included in
- Physical Science Bundle for third grade. This resource includes other resources to address ALL of the physical science standards for Third grade NGSS.This resource addresses the NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea of Motions and Stability: Forces and Interactions.3-PS2-1.Plan and conduct an investigation to$32.92$41.15Save $8.23
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$116.12$145.15Save $29.03
- This Bundle for Utah SEEd 3rd grade includes science resources for each strand and standard. Each unit included addresses specific Utah SEEd standards for 3rd grade. You save 20% by purchasing this bundle. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to k$61.76$74.70Save $12.94
- NGSS Third Grade Bundle: This bundle covers all the standards for NGSS 3rd grade for the entire year. Students will love these engaging third-grade science lessons. Each unit meets one or more of the NGSS third-grade standards. Are you looking for resources made by someone who understands NGSS? I ha$77.80$94.75Save $16.95
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
Balanced and Unbalanced Forces for Third Grade. Students will learn about fair tests and they will plan and carry out an investigation on the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces. Students will learn about gravity and friction and that forces come in pairs. This unit includes two slide shows, hands-on activities, labs, and follow-up pages. It also includes answer keys and a one-page article on balanced and unbalanced forces.
Your third-grade scientist will love conducting their own fair test investigation! The only materials needed are a few tennis balls, a playground ball, a few toy cars, and blocks.
This unit includes:
- slide shows
- strategic note-taking guide
- reading passage
- follow-up pages
- answer keys
This resource is aligned with the following standards:
NGSS 3-PS2-1. NGSS Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object. [Clarification Statement: Examples could include an unbalanced force on one side of a ball that can make it start moving; and, balanced forces pushing on a box from both sides will not produce any motion at all.] [Assessment Boundary: Assessment is limited to one variable at a time: number, size, or direction of forces. Assessment does not include quantitative force size, only qualitative and relative. Assessment is limited to gravity being addressed as a force that pulls objects down.]
Utah SEEd 3.3.1 Plan and carry out investigations that provide evidence of the of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object. Emphasize investigations where only one variable is tested at a time. Examples could include an unbalanced force on one side of a ball causing it to move and balanced forces pushing on a box from both sides producing no movement. (PS2.A, PS2.B)
NJSLS 3-PS2-1 Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object
You can see more details about this resource: balanced and unbalanced forces here.
These resources are created by Lynda R. Williams at Teaching Science
Follow me and get news of my new resources. Each new resource is discounted by 50% for the first 24 hours!
Please see my other resources for third-grade science: