Also included in
- Force and Motion Unit. This is a complete integrated unit for 3rd grade force and motion! Students will learn about balanced and unbalanced forces, objects in motion and more. This resource is full of hands-on inquiry based lesson plans, response pages and recording sheets, nonfiction passages for$13.80$17.25Save $3.45
- Physical Science Bundle for third grade. This resource includes other resources to address ALL of the physical science standards for Third grade NGSS.This resource addresses the NGSS Disciplinary Core Idea of Motions and Stability: Forces and Interactions.3-PS2-1.Plan and conduct an investigation to$32.92$41.15Save $8.23
- Utah SEEd Third-grade Bundle This resource bundles all my 3rd-grade resources for Utah SEEd into one package with a discount of 20%. You save time by purchasing this from someone who understands Utah SEEd. Would you like to know more about Utah SEEd? It also includes resources that address Utah Cor$121.44$146.55Save $25.11
- This third-grade science bundle includes all of my resources for third-grade NGSS,as well as third-grade resources for reading informational text. Save 20% by purchasing this huge bundle. Teachers and school districts will love this third-grade Huge NGSS Bundle with a wide variety of labs, centers,$145.20$180.75Save $35.55
- This science bundle for third grade covers the entire year! You save 20% by purchasing together! This NGSS Bundle for third grade is packed full of great lessons, investigations, labs, and close readings with nonfiction passages to meet the NGSS and CCSS standards for 3rd grade! Covers all NGSS stan$84.12$105.15Save $21.03
Students will plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object while making observations of object's motion.
Students will learn about balanced and unbalanced forces while building a roller coaster! Students will look at patterns of motion to predict future motion. Students will love these great roller coaster activity and the students will absolutely love it! This resource is aligned with two NGSS for 3rd Grade and with NGSS Motion and Stability: Forces and Motion.
This resource includes:
- three hands-on lessons
- hands-on activities
- informational text article
- response pages
- a slide show
- interactive notebook flaps
3-PS2-1. Plan and conduct an investigation to provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object.
3-PS2-2. Make observations and/or measurements of an object’s motion to provide evidence that a pattern can be used to predict future motion.
This resource also addresses standards for Utah SEEd.
Utah SEEd 3.3.1 Plan and carry out investigations that provide evidence of the effects of balanced and unbalanced forces on the motion of an object. Examples could include an unbalanced force on one side of a ball causing it to move and balanced forces pushing on a box from both sides producing no movement. Emphasize using fair tests by changing only one variable at a me.
Utah SEEd 3.3.2
Analyze data from observations and measurements of an object’s moon to identify patterns that can be used to predict thefuture moon. Examples of amoon with a predictable pattern could include a child swinging in a swing, a ball rolling back and forth in a bowl, and two children on a see-saw.
This resource addresses the following science concepts:
Looking for Patterns
Planning an Investigation
***You may be interested in this companion unit Balanced and Unbalanced Forces.
For NGSS 3rd Grade
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices Students Will Use:
1. Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2. Developing and using models
3. Planning and carrying out investigations
4. Analyzing and interpreting data
5. Using mathematics and computational thinking
6. Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7. Engaging in argument from evidence
8. Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information
Please leave feedback. Feedback earns you valuable tpt credit that you can use to purchase future items.
By Lynda R. Williams
Remember that leaving feedback earns you TPT points toward future purchases. Also, FOLLOW ME to be notified when new products are added. This is a huge bonus because my products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted
This resource is also available in several bundles and units:
If you like this resource please see my other resources for third grade: