Everything you need to introduce or review Balancing Equations is right here including the lesson (student and teacher versions), a student lesson handout and TWO worksheets with answers. The PowerPoint is interactive and engaging with YouTube videos hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them.
Buyer Comment: "Great lessons for balancing equations!!"
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the power point
- The student version of the power point
- Hyperlinked videos embedded on the slides
- Student lesson handout
- Two worksheets with answers
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Types of Chemical Reactions and Balancing - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
In order, the lesson covers:
- An overivew of the Law of Conservation of Mass
- Review of Chemical Reactions
- Rules for Balancing
- Lots of examples and practice
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to chemical reactions and balancing.
• Chemical Reactions lesson
• Chemical Reactions – Device-Based Scavenger Hunt Activity
• Types of Chemical Reactions lesson
• Types of Chemical Reactions and Balancing Device-Based Scavenger Hunt Activity
• Chemical Reactions and Balancing Equations - 7 Engaging Lab Station Activities
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
If this lesson has helped and you would like to download the entire chemistry unit at a steep discount please click on the link below.
Grade 10 Chemistry Unit - Full Lessons - 12 Power Points, 238 Slides!
The individual Chemistry Lessons can be accessed below.
Physical/Chemical Properties and Changes
Periodic Table and Bohr-Rutherford Diagram Lesson
Polyatomic Ions and Compounds
Balancing Chemical Chemical Equations
Types of Chemical Reactions
Acid Base Chemistry
I also have a range assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy
for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.