Also included in
- Types of Chemical Reactions and Balancing - Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. By purchasing this bundle you will save 50% vs. purchasing the individual components separately.Unit Objectives: By the end of this 5E lesson, students will:• Investigate the five main types of chemical reactions – sy$19.98$39.95Save $19.97
Everything you need to introduce or review Balancing Equations is right here including the lesson (student and teacher versions), a student lesson handout and TWO worksheets with answers. The PowerPoint is interactive and engaging with YouTube videos hyperlinked directly onto the slides. No more searching for videos, just click on the slide and it will take you directly to them.
- "Great lessons for balancing equations!!"
- A quick way to make sure that I was prepared to teach the lessons I needed to keep my students on track. The notes aligned well with the PowerPoint and there was also a student version of the PowerPoint.
Included in the lesson package is:
- The teacher version of the PowerPoint
- The student version of the PowerPoint
- Hyperlinked videos embedded on the slides
- Student lesson handout
- Two worksheets with answers
***********This activity can also be found bundled at a significant discount in my Types of Chemical Reactions and Balancing - Complete 5E Lesson Bundle. If you'd like to take a look, please CLICK HERE.
In order, the lesson covers:
- An overview of the Law of Conservation of Mass
- Review of Chemical Reactions
- Rules for Balancing
- Lots of examples and practice
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to chemical reactions and balancing.
The student version of the PowerPoint contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
If this lesson has helped and you would like to download the entire chemistry unit at a steep discount please click on the link below.
The individual Chemistry Lessons can be accessed below.
I also have a range of assignments and lessons/units from other grade levels at my store. Please CLICK HERE to have a look around and don’t forget to follow if you like what you see.
Also, please visit my blog Teach With Fergy for my thoughts on teaching, learning and everything in between.