Ditch the Worksheets! Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. These 54 Task Cards provide you and your students endless possibilities for effective practice and review. Just copy, laminate, and cut and these versatile cards will add variety and engagement to your classroom for years to come.
Using Task Cards
This task card deck includes 54 task cards with unbalanced chemical equations and 54 solution cards. They can be used to introduction balancing chemical equations as a review.
Here are just a few ways to use Task Cards in your classroom:
- Stations - Get kids up out of their seats as they rotate through the stations completing the tasks on each card.
- Scavenger Hunt - Hide the cards around the room to add an element of mystery.
- Quiz, Quiz, Trade - In this simple game, each student gets a card, pairs up with a partner and they quiz each other with the task on their cards. Once both partners have answered each others question, they trade cards and find a different partner.
- Early Finishers - Keep a set handy for those students who finish quickly.
- Sub Plans - Keep a set or two handy so your sub can keep students actively engaged.
- Decide whether you are going to print in color, grayscale, or black and white. The color cards are fun and look very professional. If color printing is not an option, the grayscale and blackline options look great on colored cardstock.
- Decide how you are going to use the cards in class. The easiest, most economical methods are those that require only one card deck to be shared between the entire class. If you are planning on assigning card deck to be completed by small groups, you will need a deck for each group.
- Decide whether you are going to print your card deck with a printed back. A printed back does not affect the usefulness of the cards. A printed back is purely aesthetic and is a personal decision.
- Print your card decks. If you are printing the color deck, I recommend using white card stock. If you are printing the black line deck, I recommend printing on colored card stock. You can use one color per deck to distinguish between decks, or you can print each deck on a variety of colors. The choice is yours.
- Laminate your card decks. While this is not essential, it will open up the possibility of students writing on the card deck if you choose, but more importantly, will make the cards last a lot longer.
- Cut apart your cards. The cards are designed to be printed to 100% and fill an entire 8 ½” x 11” sheet of paper. This reduces the number of cuts and eliminates waste.
- · Store them using a method that works for you so you can use them from year-to-year.
This Balancing Chemical Equations set includes:
- 54 Task Cards with unbalanced equations (Full-color, grayscale, and blackline)
- 54 Answer Cards (Full-color, grayscale, and blackline)
- Six 4-per-sheet Task Card Answer Cards
- Task Card Answer Sheet (1 sheet for all task cards)
- Answer Key for all cards