Also included in
- Use this bundle of my top selling coloring sheets for your chemistry classroom. These 9 worksheets teach so much and the students enjoy them too. After they color them, these sheets make excellent reference sheets for the students to keep in their notebooks. The cation and anion worksheet is differe$8.55$9.50Save $0.95
- Use this amazing package of a 3 page worksheet and 17 PowerPoint slides to teach balancing chemical equations to your students. This would cover 2 days of class time. Students love the illustrated equations and understand the difference in subscripts and coefficients with these learning aids.Use thi$6.00$7.00Save $1.00
- This bundle will give you the perfect start for this year!There is a color and label page that will teach your students the difference in cations and anions. From there they will move on to a step by step worksheet that will walk them through simple and difficult molar mass calculations. After that$13.50$15.00Save $1.50
- All my chemistry resources.In this bundle I have all of my color and learn, step by step, and digital learning resources.I did NOT include the doodle notes line (I did include a sample packet for you) or the teaching notes line.If you ever have questions please message me on TpT, email me at coscine$107.06$118.95Save $11.89
Now Digital too! Use the MOST CLEAR and FUN visual chemistry worksheet so your students can see the art of balancing chemical equations and also see the difference in coefficients and subscripts in balancing chemical equations.
Page 1- Simple balancing problems with all molecules illustrated for the students.
Page 2-Medium balancing problems with some molecules illustrated for the students.
Page 3- Medium balancing problems with the least molecules illustrated.
*********The link to the digital Google Slides activity is on the last page!******
This balancing chemical equations worksheet will help your students process the why we need to balance faster, and with more accuracy.
Benefits & Features
- This worksheet is easy to grade because you just have to glance to see if they drew the equations right.
- You won't have to explain, "Why do we need to balance equations?" sixteen times when they can SEE WHY.
- Students will learn how to balance faster because the information is organized in a very easy to understand way. We balance with coefficients and not with subscripts!
This worksheet would make a great balancing chemical equations activity for chemistry group work or as a reinforcement activity when you only have a half day of classes and don't want to get too far ahead of your other classes.
This handout will literally show your students the atoms in the equations so they can see how equations are balanced. By drawing out the reactants and the products students can really "get it" the first time.
Using this handout you can explain the difference in 2 NaCl and MgCl2.
Coefficients are the "big" numbers in front of each compound in the equations. Subscripts can tell you how many of a certain type of element are present or how many polyatomic ions are present.
When you open up this worksheet you will see 3 unbalanced chemical equations. Below that will be a 3D illustration of the molecules involved. The students will learn to count the number of each type of molecule and manipulate the number to balance the equation.
As they progress through the worksheet, I slowly remove molecule illustrations so it will force the students to illustrate the equation themselves, or skip that part and just balance the equation to show they have a full comprehension of balancing equations.
Test Drive This Worksheet
"I believe that this is one of the BEST activities on TPT for beginning balancing equations. My kids all got it after this lesson, even those who were struggling. Thank you!"
Febuaray 5th, 2020
The Outdoor Teacher (TpT Seller)
"Great for visual learners!"
January 5, 2018
Make Them Think (TpT Seller)
"This is WAY MORE ENGAGING
than any resource I've used before! This will make for an awesome display!"
January 5, 2018
Middle Years Munchkins (TpT Seller)
Earn More Points for FREE Worksheets by Reviewing This Product
I Love Hearing Your Feedback
• Please take a moment to provide feedback on my work. I work hard to make sure my products and resources are useful to you and your students. Positive comments, constructive comments, and "I'd like to see her add a ______ to this worksheet" all help me design worksheets, handouts, and other classroom resources that solve your classroom needs. Plus, it earns you points to use as a discount!
Be the first to know about my sales, freebies, and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. After that, you will receive email updates about the new things I’m making to help you and your students.
• Join my email list for freebies and new ideas on teaching topics in chemistry and math in a very fun way!
Connect With Me Online!
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Teachers Pay Teachers_CoScine
Follow me on my blog CoScine Creative
Follow me on Instagram
Other Awesome Products!
Learning the Difference in Ionic and Covalent Compounds 3494606 <-----Naming Practice Included