Do your students need to review balancing equations? This scavenger hunt contains 10 questions and will get your students up and moving! And the best part is that it is EDITABLE (the background, clipart, and problems are not editable, but you can edit the teachers' names, locations, and weapons)!!
1. Download the "Hunky Chunk" font that I used for FREE here
. You can actually use whatever font you would like, but this one really stands out! :) Edit the teachers' names with the names of teachers in your own school. (Just make sure that whichever name you use to replace "Mr.Helman," for example, is the SAME name you use for "Mr. Helman" throughout the remainder of the activity. Repeat with the other 5 names.) Print the pages. I also like to laminate them for durability so that they will last for a really long time, but that is totally optional.
2. Randomly place the papers around your room, or hallway, or even outdoors if it’s a nice day!
3. Give the students recording sheets and tell them to spread out (I say no more than 3 students at the same starting page) so that they begin at different locations.
4. The students will read the problem on their starting page and then work together as a group to figure out the answer. I always tell my students that they need to make sure to show their work on their paper & that everyone in the group must agree on the same answer. Once everyone in the group has agreed on the same answer, they will mark off the suspect, location, and/or weapon given in the clue.
5. When you give the signal, the students will then move to the next page.
6. This will continue until the students have read and answered every problem.
7. Just like in the game of Clue, when the students are done, they should have 1 remaining box for the suspect, 1 remaining box for the location, and 1 remaining box for the weapon.
Your download will include:
-10 questions to post around your classroom
-answer sheet for students to record their answers
-answer key for you
I hope your students will enjoy this scavenger hunt as much as mine do!