Products in this Bundle (3)
Balancing chemical equations is an essential skill for all chemistry students. Students will learn to balance equations and recognize when an equation is balanced while completing these task cards.
Your kids need to practice, but worksheets have them bored to tears. These 54 Task Cards provide you and your students endless possibilities for effective practice and review. Just copy, laminate, and cut and these versatile cards will add variety and engagement to your classroom for years to come. Also included in this bundle is the digital version of these task cards. These two resources seamlessly work together. NOW INCLUDED: This bundle now includes a virtual version of these task cards built on the Google Forms platform.
Using Task Cards
This task card deck includes 54 task cards with unbalanced chemical equations and 54 solution cards. They can be used to introduction balancing chemical equations as a review.
Here are just a few ways to use Task Cards in your classroom:
- Stations - Get kids up out of their seats as they rotate through the stations completing the tasks on each card.
- Scavenger Hunt - Hide the cards around the room to add an element of mystery.
- Quiz, Quiz, Trade - In this simple game, each student gets a card, pairs up with a partner and they quiz each other with the task on their cards. Once both partners have answered each others question, they trade cards and find a different partner.
- Early Finishers - Keep a set handy for those students who finish quickly.
- Sub Plans - Keep a set or two handy so your sub can keep students actively engaged.
- Trasketball—Wad up some paper or grab the nerf basketball, set up a trash can by a wall, group your kids up, and watch them sit on the edge of their seats reviewing these skills. Use the master PowerPoint to project either a compound name or formula on the board. Have each student write both the name and the formula on a white board or one of the response sheets. Designate a seat for each team as the “hot seat.” If the person sitting in that seat gets the answer correct, award them a point for their team and give them a shot at the “basket” with your “trashketball” to earn even more points. Mark spots on the ground at increasing distances from the trashcan. The further away the more points they earn for making the shot. Either assign a new hot seat or have students rotate into the hot seat.
- Digital Assignment—Assign one or more versions of the student task cards to your class through your digital classroom management software (Google Classroom, etc.) Print out a copy of the appropriate response sheet and have the students complete this tech-enhanced lesson.
This Balancing Chemical Equations set includes:
- Digital Task Cards master PowerPoint with 108 slides (54 equation slides and 54 solution slides)
- Digital Task Cards student master (54 equation slides and 54 solution slides)
- Printable Task Cards in color, grayscale, and blackline (54 task cards and 54 solution cards)
- Six different ready-to-assign PDF student versions.
- Six 4-per-sheet Task Card Answer Cards
- Task Card Answer Sheet (1 sheet for all task cards)
- Answer Key for all task cards