Balance Equations – Subtraction Within 20
Students always struggle with the concept of balancing equations. These are great for review or reinforcement of this difficult skill.
• 32 balance the equation task cards (with picture)
• 32 balance the equation task cards (no picture)
• Full page student response sheet
• Half page student response sheet
• Answer key
• Student directions
• Task card cover for storage
Cards could be printed on card-stock, laminated, then cut out to ensure they last longer.
Suggestions for use:
• Scavenger Hunt - Staple/Tape cards on walls in the room. Students would walk to each card, answer the problem on the response sheet, and then move to another card. Continue until all problems have been answered.
• Scoot – Place one card on each desk. Students would answer the problem on their desk on the response sheet. Everyone would move to the next desk and repeat the process until all problems have been completed.
• Whole Group – Display one card at a time under a projector. Students could work in teams to answer problems.
• Math Centers - place cards and recording sheets in a folder or basket. Students will answer each card working collaboratively or independently.
• guided math group
• early finishers
• partner work
• test prep
You may also be interested in the following:
Balancing Equations ~ Addition Within 20 ~ Task Cards