This document has been updated
1.The document is now IPAD ready, a version of the presentation on Keynote for iPad has been included
2. The power point has been updated to a 16:9 aspect ratio slide size
3. An audio has been added to the power point presentation
4. A power point without audio has been included
5. A pdf copy of the power point has been included
6. A 3 page bonus assignment on electrochemistry as a pdf document has been included.
The power point has 23 slides with appropriate audio explanations.
The second power point has 30 slides with no audio
This is a power point on the methods of identifying oxidation number and balancing redox equations using ion electron method and oxidation number method.
The power-point explains the rules for oxidation and reduction, rules for assigning oxidizing numbers, identifying oxidation half reaction and reduction half reaction.
Two worked out examples are there in the power-point with some examples to work out with the final answers.
Tips for converting acid medium balancing to basic medium
Tips on how to balance equations when more than one compound forms a single element in the product side
Please rate, comment and follow,
Thanks in advance
Suitable for AP Chemistry, IB Chemistry, TOPS, SCH4U, CBSE, ICSE and ISC
Balancing Redox reactions using ion electron and oxidation number Balancing Redox reactions using ion electron and oxidation number is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
For more lessons and videos visit