Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.28 MB | 84 pages
Thoroughly tried and tested, lovely 4 week unit on Ballad Poetry! I have used this for five years with ages 11-13 and each class has been consistently engaged throughout the unit. It is suitable for ages 11-14, with particular focus upon poetry discussion and tackling complex ballads in a fun and creative way.
* 12 lesson plans (with 16 differentiation strategies)
* 63 slide PowerPoint presentation
* All resources (including blank copies of poems)
* Annotated copies of poems for teacher
* Homework project
Unit's lessons include:
* Engaging starter activities e.g. quizzes, word searches, anagrams
* Speed dating activity to learn poetry terms e.g. stanza, simile etc.
* Exploration of ballad features and conventions
* Analysis of 'The Highwayman' by Alfred Noyes
* Discussion and storyboarding of 'The Ballad of Charlotte Dymond' by Charles Causley
* In-depth analysis of 'The Lady of Shalott' by Alfred Lord Tennyson, focusing upon the themes of isolation and nature
* Mini essays to solidify learning and progress
* Researching and writing a ballad about the Titanic disaster
* Performing ballads as a group
* Teacher/peer/self assessment opportunities
Thank you for taking an interest in my product! If you do decide to proceed to purchase, I'd really appreciate your rating and feedback. This will help me to adapt future products and edit existing ones so that they can really be the best they can be.
If you enjoy this product, please do check out my others and click 'Follow' to be the first to hear about new products, sales and promotions!