This is a PowerPoint Template for a classroom review game. It can be edited for any content area. If a team answers a questions right they get to 'pop' a balloon of their choice to reveal a point value hidden beneath the powerpoint object. Kids in elementary through high school love it. Keep your students engaged by adding this game to your toolbox!
- Enter a question on each slide.
- Type answers in the Answer Textbox. The textbox is animated to appear on a mouse click
- Separate the class into 2 teams and advance the PowerPoint to Question 1. I give a time limit to answer the question based upon its level of difficulty.
- If the team answers correctly, click in the lower right corner to return to the balloon pop page. If a team answers incorrectly, I allow 5 seconds for the opposing team to give an answer.
- ALTERNATE SPEED PLAY:
- When a team answers correctly, allow 1 team member to ‘pop’ a balloon (works great on a SmartBoard). Beneath the balloon is a point value. (Points vary-positive, negative, double your score, etc) The teacher can easily edit point values by moving the balloons. Yes, the sun, bunny, and dog all have point values beneath their icons.
- Track team scores on a whiteboard.
- Click the return arrow in the bottom right corner on the balloon screen to return to the last question. Advance slide to the next question by clicking the arrow or mouse click anywhere on the slide.
- The team with the highest score at the end, wins the game!
*There are 20 questions, but you can easily copy and paste a question slide to create more. The animation will copy, too.