Who doesn’t love balloons? AND... who doesn’t love... BUMP!?
My kindergarten students sure do. ☺
(P.S. – Check out my FREEBIE Cookie Addition BUMP! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Cookie-Addition-BUMP-K-1-2373272)
• Print all pages on white cardstock. There are 2 spinner set versions included:
*Set #1 allows for 3, 4, 5, or 6 MINUS 0, 1, 2, or 3; Set #2 allows for 7, 8, 9, or 10 MINUS 4, 5, 6, or 7.*
• Laminate for durability. Cut out the balloon spinners and tack spinners. Use a brass fastener to attach a large paperclip to the center of each. Voilá! You’re ready to spin!
• Gather 10 cubes (each set of a different color) for each player. Time to play!
How to Play:
Player 1 spins the balloon spinner and the tack spinner, then SUBTRACTS the tack number FROM the balloon number—that’s what you’re POPPING, after all! Students may use the balloon and tack pictures for assistance in subtracting (pictorial representation) OR simply focus on the numerals on the spinners (fact fluency). Player 1 then marks the answer with a cube on the game board. Player 2 follows the same steps next.
Things start to get interesting with the following rules:
1. If the SAME player gets the SAME answer on his/her turn, that player links ANOTHER cube on the answer and LOCKS it! It can’t be used again.
2. If the OTHER player gets that answer on his/her turn, that player can BUMP off the other player’s cube!
The game is over when a player has used ALL of his/her cubes.
Have fun poppin’ those balloons!