Also included in
- Are you wanting to have a virtual holiday party this year? This is a BUNDLE of 5 Holiday Resources to use with distance learning or IN PERSON learning safely. It is designed for 1st - 3rd grade students. READ THE DESCRIPTIONS CAREFULLYWhat is in this resource?1. Design a Gingerbread House/Person Vir$22.50$25.00Save $2.50
Looking for a GREAT holiday activity for your students to help your students practice comprehension, problem solving and learn about Tony Sarg, the puppeteer who designed the balloons in the Macy's Parade? Digital Escapes™ are a fun way to get students to learn without even realizing it. NO Printing and No Prep needed for this digital escape! Super EASY for in person or Distance Learning.
Students will click an audio button for a short story about Tony Sarg and directions to help with their first clue. During the escape, students will be tasked with solving 3 lock clues in order to escape the room. There is a pdf included in this download with directions, the link to the site, an answer key and an optional note taking worksheet for students. This activity takes about 30 minutes to complete.
>>> Check out the VIDEO DEMO
GREAT FOR THANKSGIVING OR CHRISTMAS
READ BALLOONS OVER BROADWAY AND USE THIS AS A BOOK COMPANION
- Listen to short audio directions OR read the paragraph provided
- They read or listen to the information about Tony Sarg
- Solve 5 Comprehension Questions about Tony they learned from the video.
- Solve a Jigsaw Puzzle (with a math riddle)
- Find Clues
- Work on problem solving as a group or individually
- End with a treat of your choice, recess after they escape or have students create their own balloon animal (draw on a balloon, place on a stick) and have a parade in the hallway or virtually.
POSITIVE Reasons to use a Digital EDUcational Escape:
- NO PREP! (Nothing to make, cut, laminate, hide or buy. Everything is on the Google Site!)
- Students LOVE Digital Escape Rooms
- You can easily share the link in GOOGLE CLASSROOM. Students can complete on Chromebooks, laptops, on an iPad or in a computer lab.
- Work in groups or individual
- GREAT for #DistanceLearning
* 1st to 3rd Grade can complete this digital escape. If you did it whole group with kindergarten, it could work or if you have high readers.
WATCH THE VIDEO PREVIEW
Digital Escape Room Tip for Teachers:
Q: Do my students need Google Accounts to complete a digital escape room?
A: I do not require a forced copy or anyone to log into a Google Account. This is a "share the Google Site link," and ready to go.
⚠️⚠️⚠️ PLEASE READ-DISCLOSURE ⚠️⚠️⚠️
PLEASE TEST GOOGLE SITES and THESE WEBSITES ON YOUR SCHOOL COMPUTERS FIRST. TRY THIS TEST SITE.
1. MAKE SURE YOUR DISTRICT DOES NOT BLOCK YOU FROM USING JIGSAWPLANET.COM, EDPUZZLE or YOUTUBE. THERE MAY BE A LINK TO THESE SITES IN THE ESCAPE ROOM.
2. Also, please make sure your district DOES NOT BLOCK OUTSIDE GOOGLE SITES. I would check with your IT department.
3. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE if this site is not working in your school. This is probably due to firewalls and sites your school district is blocking. I cannot control these issues.
Purchasing my teaching resources allows you to:
⭐ make copies for your own classes only.
⭐ place this file on your own password-protected class page or server (Blackboard, Google Drive, etc)
⭐ AS LONG AS no other teacher has access to that class webpage. This resource is for you, the purchaser, alone.
By purchasing my teaching resource, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO:
⭐ make copies for other teachers or their classes.
⭐ distribute this digital resource to other teachers.
⭐ post this resource on any webpage or server that is available for public view, for other teachers.
If you and a team of teachers would like to use this resource together, please purchase additional discounted licenses on the resource purchase page.
Copyright © 2020 Teacher’s Brain
All rights reserved by author.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.
☺ First 24 HOURS of new products over $1 are ½ off!