This 20-slide PowerPoint gives a brief history of censorship and is perfect for high school Banned Books Week. It includes an introduction to censorship and nine historical incidents of censorship from political leaders and churches. 100% editable.
- The information in the PowerPoint was using from Academic Search Premier and EbscoHost databases.
- The appears on the final slide.
- Each slides also includes full bibliographic citations in the Notes section.
- All images are public domain.
- Yes, all text and images are .
- What is censorship?
- Who are the censors?
- How does censorship differ from book banning?
- What is book burning and how is it used symbolically?
- Why are books censored and/or banned?
- 9 historical censorship events (see preview for full list)
I regularly add new products for school librarians and English teachers, particularly for middle school, to my store. All my new products are half-off for the first 48 hours.
Take advantage of the "First 48 Half-Off" by following my store at the top of this page. Look for the green "Follow" link under my store name. Following my store will give you notifications of when new products are posted. I also post all my new products to my MrsReaderPants FaceBook page and on my MrsReaderPants blog email list.