7 Steps for Problem Solving Using Model-Drawing (Bar Models)
1. Read the entire problem.
2. Rewrite the questions in sentence form, leaving a space for the answer.
3. Decide who and/or what is involved in the problem.
4. Draw unit bars.
5. Chunk the problem, adjust the unit bars, and put the question mark in place.
6. Work the computation to the side or underneath.
7. Write the answer in the sentence, and make sure the answer makes sense.
Color step cards with icons
Black and white step cards with icons
Numbered steps cards