Adapted books are a great way to expose your students to grade-level content at a developmentally appropriate level. This adapted book uses real-life pictures to provide age-appropriate exposure to historical figures.
What is included?
• 2 levels of the non-fiction text
– Level 1 includes identical pictures to match using velcro to support comprehension
– Level 2 includes a field of 3 pictures to circle (use a whiteboard marker)
• 3 differentiated comprehension print and go activities (Level 1 – pre-writers, Level 2 – writers)
–Was, had, wanted sort
–Main idea/key details graphic organizer
How do I use the adapted books?
• Print level 1 and/or level 2 text
• Laminate whole pages (less prep time!)
• Cut where prompted
• Velcro where prompted
• Students circle answers in level 2 text using whiteboard marker (low-prep!)
How do I use the comprehension activities?
• Print and go!
This product is perfect for Black History Month, President's Day, or biography projects!