Barack Obama: Son of Promise, Child of Hope, written by Nikki Grimes is the story of Barack Obama and his diverse upbringing. The story uses colorful words and vivid descriptions to provide the reader with the inspiring story of Barack’s life. (Grades 3-5)
Included in the package:
- Prezi- A 3D Lesson plan that is similar to powerpoint, with a 3D effect.
- Lesson Plan in PDF format
A. Common Core Aligned
B. Teaches Author's Viewpoint
C. Includes background information
D. Modeling, guided practice, and independent practice.
- Youtube Video (President's Swearing-In) 6 minutes
- 5 activities to extend the lesson
A. Compare and Contrast Book Reviews
B. Write a Book Review
C. Interview the Author
D. Create a Collage
E. Write About Your Hopes and Dreams
- 1 Vocabulary Practice sheet
- 1 Graphic Organizer (Author's Viewpoint)
- Comprehension Quiz with 7 MC questions and 1 ER question. Answer key included.