The pack is designed to assist listening comprehension of Barak Obama’s acceptance speech following the 2012 US presidential elections.
The pack works with contextualised vocabulary in order to practice listening, develop comprehension and build the mental lexicon.
1. Gap fill activity – opening part of speech
2. Transcript of opening part of speech
3. Gap fill activity – closing part of speech
4. Transcript of closing part of speech
5. Pre-listening vocabulary cards to be cut out or projected.
6. Two worksheets with lexical focus for both single vocabulary items and phrases in the speech to assist with the gap filling during listening. Worksheets provide opportunity for definition, contextual understanding and give students opportunity to use items.