PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Barney Book series are read to books for parents and school counselors whose children struggle with being bossy or being bullied at school. These books are written in the present tense as bullying is always felt in the present. In writing these books, I hope to address bullying issues by giving my students tools to practice speaking up for someone.
In addition to the stories, I created activities, games, puzzles, etc for students to practice in class with their fellow class mates.
Book One: Barney Learns to Share!
Book Two: Barney Learns Words Can Hurt!
Book Three: Barney Learns the Value of Friendship
National Counseling Standards:
• A:A2.3 Use communications skills to know when and how to ask for help when needed (Bullying)
• A:B1.2 Learn and apply critical-thinking skills (When am I teasing and when does it becoming bullying?)
• C:A1.4 Learn how to interact and work cooperatively in teams
• (Bullying Game, Roles within the group, The Stand Up Promise)
• PS:A2.1 Recognize that everyone has rights and responsibilities
• PS:A2.2 Respect alternative points of view
• PS:A2.3 Recognize, accept, respect and appreciate individual differences
• PS:A2.4 Recognize, accept and appreciate ethnic and cultural diversity
• PS:A2.5 Recognize and respect differences in various family configurations
• PS:A2.6 Use effective communications skills
This story is copyrighted and materials are the intellectual property of Rhonda Brown. All material is designed by Rhonda Brown.
See reference page for clip art purchased through TpT.