This is a project for students to do at home. The purpose of this project is for students to make real world connections with place value.
- Students are to create a robot.
- Robot must be equal to a value of more than a 1,000.
- I gave my students about a week and a half to complete.
- Includes letter explaining the project, base 10 blocks, sentence stems, examples and rubric is also included.
* It's also available in Spanish. (Visit the store)
3.2A - compose and decompose numbers up to 100,000 as a sum of so many ten thousands, so many thousands, so many hundreds, so many tens, and so many ones using objects, pictorial models, and numbers, including expanded notation as appropriate.
1.2C - use objects, pictures, and expanded and standard forms to represent numbers up to 120
2.2B - use standard, word, and expanded forms to represent numbers up to 1,200