Baseball Quotes – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
Baseball is often called America’s National Pass-time. These quotes encourage positive character development through writing and use of figurative language.
• If you have a chance to accomplish something that will make things better for people coming behind you, and you don't do that, you are wasting your time on this earth.
• Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extended writing prompts (how to turn a quote response into an essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
• 1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
• 2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
• 3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
• 4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Inspirational Baseball Quotes Bundle
• Baseball Quote – Roberto Clemente
• Baseball Quote – Babe Ruth
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ http://digiscrapkits.com/digiscraps/
http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.