38-question assessment given in the beginning of a high school Geometry course to determine the baseline of the incoming students’ knowledge.
This product contains:
1) regular A and B tests (for students moving at a regular pace) 4pgs. + KEY 4pgs.;
2) modified A and B test (simplified version of the regular) 4pgs. for classes with learning modifications + KEY 4 pgs.
Questions are meant to assess the retention level of the middle school material and include :
-combining like terms;
-simplifying a square root of a number;
-translating verbal expression into an algebraic;
-solving basic equation (including ones w/distributive property, proportions);
-solving literal equations;
-identifying roots of a quadratic equation by its factored form and by its graph;
-identifying the type of a triangle by its angles and sides (diagrams given);
-identifying the basic relationships in special pairs of angles (vertical, complementary, supplementary);
-identifying a slope of a line from its graph;
-converting inches to feet;
-finding perimeter of a rectangle.
Students are given an opportunity to explain their responses.
--------------------DIAGRAM LABELING and DECODING PRACTICE here:
- Geometry Labeling Practice: Vocabulary To Diagrams_OR_Diagr. to Symb. to Vocab.
- Geometry Labeling Practice: Symbols To Diagrams_OR_Diagr. to Symb. to Vocab.
------------------- Error Analysis
- Error Analysis activity: Linear Inequality "Hidden Rule Identity"
- Error Analysis activity: Linear Equation: PRACTICE isolating the y
- Error Analysis activity: Simplifying Square Root Expressions Products vs Sums
- Error Analysis activity: Simplifying Radical Expressions STRATEGIES
- Come and See at https://mindmapmath.blogspot.com
*************************** How To Earn TPT-credits********************
“After you make a purchase, rate and comment fairly on the product page of your purchased item. You need to do both to earn your credits. But you don't have to rate and comment right away. You can do so after you've had a chance to use the product. Just return to the product page when you're logged in to TpT.
For every dollar you spend on TpT, you'll earn 1 credit—and we'll round up for you, too! If you provide fair feedback on a $4.75 item, you will earn 5 credits. Every 20 credits you earn equals $1 to apply toward future TpT purchases,”- TPT team.
++++++++++++++++Press FOLLOW++++++++++++++++++++ for NEW and CURRENT resources++++++++++++++++
©Copyright Mindmap Math This product is to be used by the original purchaser only.This product can NOT be uploaded to the Internet by the purchaser: doing so is a violation of the copyright of this product. Copying for more than one teacher, or for an entire department, school,or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, uploaded to school or district websites, distributed via email, or submitted to file sharing sites. The unauthorized reproduction or distribution.