Basic Addition: Adding Three Numbers
We are proud to present the third installment of our Basic Addition and Subtraction handout series. This time your students will choose either making a ten, doubles, or doubles plus one to add 3 numbers. This handout combines multiple strategies to really get their gears turning.
If you like what you see in this handout – or rather when
you like what you see – feel free to come back and pick up the other handouts in this series, all neatly packaged in our time- and money-saving Basic Addition and Subtraction Bundle
Now, let’s take a closer look at this handout.
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Write What You Know: Writing in Math
-This section helps students practice expressing their reasoning strategies in complete sentences.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Consider splitting up the longer handouts (more than 2 pages) across multiple days (i.e. odd/even)
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Looking for links to our other awesome math materials? Look no further, friend!
More handouts in our Basic Addition and Subtraction unit:
* Basic Addition: Counting On and Making a Ten FREEBIE pgs 1-2
* Basic Addition: Doubles and Doubles Plus One pgs 3-4
- Basic Addition: Adding Three Numbers pgs 5-6 -
* Basic Subtraction: Counting Back and Counting Up pgs 7-8
* Basic Subtraction: Sames, Zeroes, and Fact Families pgs 9-10
* Basic Addition and Subtraction Quiz
Check out our other math units:
Place Value Bundle
Multiplication and Division Bundle
Properties of Multiplication and Division Bundle
Area and Perimeter Bundle
Measurement and Data
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits:
to follow 88Brains!
"How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.