**Now even better: full-page pictures, faster testing, great optional electronic features!**
This product assesses comprehension of basic concepts in children from Pre-K to 1st grade. This is not a norm-referenced assessment, but rather a tool for clinicians and teachers to establish baseline knowledge of basic concepts. These scores can then be compared to scores post-intervention to determine the student’s growth.
The scoring sheet divides concepts into 5 categories: spatial, temporal, quantitative, attributive, and negation, providing insight into a student’s relative strengths and weaknesses. There are 60 questions which probe comprehension of 40 different concepts.
NEW ELECTRONIC SCORING!
A new optional Excel workbook is included. Simply enter 0's for the student's incorrect answers and instantly view printer-friendly charts detailing accuracy. There are two sheets that contain the assessment, so that progress can be monitored by giving the assessment twice (e.g., once before therapy is initiated and once during or after the course of therapy). Charts comparing the results of each assessment are instantly generated.
- Spatial: on, in, out, up, down, around, through, over, under, between, in front, behind, first, last, near, far, top, bottom, middle, upside down
- Temporal: first, second, last, before, after
- Quantitative: many, few, whole, half, quarter, all, nothing, no, each
- Attributive: same, different, colors, tall, dark, light, big, small
- Negation: no, not, neither...nor, nothing
While this product can be printed out, it was intended to be downloaded onto a tablet or computer in PDF form and displayed as such, picture by picture, to the student. It is recommended that the scoring sheet be printed out so the student’s responses can be recorded.