This book is great for functional vocabulary, increasing MLU (mean length of utterance), matching skills, expressive/receptive language skills, following directions, and listening skills. It was designed to be simple and functional without a lot of distracting images or text.
I hope you find it useful! I love using it in speech therapy sessions! It would also be great for pk/k classrooms, special education, or ESL. Many children will recognize the functional vocabulary in this book and will get excited to use the symbols and pieces!
This download comes with one 14 page adaptive book that targets shapes using functional vocabulary.
Shapes Included: circle, rectangle, triangle, square, star, octagon, diamond, oval
There is also a comprehension activity at the end of the book to reinforce the concept (a sorting page).
Great to use with AAC users
⭐ This this book is available in my Basic Concepts Book Bundle! CLICK HERE
(Includes: Colors (simple version), Sizes, Positions, & Shapes)
See the other Basic Concepts Books below:
I have another series of functional vocabulary books:
• Functional Vocabulary Book Bundle! (contains the following books)
• Road, Water, or Sky? An Adaptive and Interactive Book About Vehicles
• Breakfast or Lunch? An Adaptive and Interactive Book About Food
• Land or Water Animal? An Adaptive and Interactive Book About Animals
• Kitchen or Bathroom? An Adaptive and Interactive Book About Household Objects
You may purchase each one separately or buy them in the bundle.