This is a short unit I developed for the start of the school year. I use this to introduce key concepts and terminology students will hear and use throughout the course of the entire year. Below is a list of the materials and concepts included.
- Introductory PowerPoint: Basic Concepts of History (Key Concepts: What is History? Why we study history? How we really know what happened in history? Key Terminology: History, Prehistory, Primary Sources, Secondary Sources, Archaeology, Artifacts, Millennium, Century, Decade, Era, Generation)
- Fill in the blank notes sheets (Cornell Style)
- Fill in the blank notes - key
- Quiz on 50 states, oceans and continents
- Quiz on Basic Concepts of History PPT
Although this is a short unit, I find it works well to lay the groundwork for my class.