Basic Fact Fluency Building Hands-on Activities
Read to build your students' math fact fluency and number sense? Strong basic fact fluency is imperative to building a stable math foundation. The activities and centers in this basic facts activity pack are designed to provide fun and meaningful practice with basic facts while keeping the standards in mind.
This basic math facts activity pack includes 9 hands-on and engaging activities for teaching the following basic facts strategies:
-Addition and subtraction sentences
-Different ways to make a number
-Addition and subtraction keywords
-Word Problems (Addition and subtraction)
Check out these other great math products!
- Back to School Math Activities for 2nd Grade
- Fraction Activities
- Linear Measurement Activities
This awesome Basic Facts Activities pack includes:
All activities include a teacher information card as well as student instructions!
- Basic Fact Anchor Chart Suggestions- Includes basic fact strategy anchor charts suggestions so you can create a reference for your classroom
- Addition and subtraction Sentences- students work to solve addition and subtraction sentences.
- Doubles facts- Students learn how doubles facts can help improve fact fluency.
- Making ten- Students learn the facts that can make ten.
- Fact Families- Includes scavenger hunt-style activity and options to use as task cards.
- Column addition- Students learn about column addition and how to group numbers
- Different ways to make a number-Students learn how to use number combinations to make numbers in different ways.
- Number Craft- Have fun with this simple numbers craft!
- Addition and subtraction keywords- students learn how to use keywords to guide them in solving addition and subtraction word problems.
- Word Problems (addition and subtraction) Students learn about the keywords to look for when solving word problems. Then, have a chance to sort word problems. Includes a word problem worksheet for extra practice.
- Number bonds- Puzzle game for students to work on number bonds.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button.
- Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
I value your feedback and love hearing from you! :-)
Become a follower! Be the first to know about my new products, discounts, freebies, and product launches:
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
♥ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher