60 task cards for students to practice and refine their skills in multiplying, dividing, and mental math strategies.
Great for differentiation, extra practice, math centers, early finishers, and much more!
Cards cover the forth and fifth specific outcomes under the Number strand of the Alberta Program of Studies.
Specific Outcome Four: Apply the properties of 0 and 1 for multiplication and the property of 1 for division.
Specific Outcome Five: Describe and apply mental mathematics strategies, such as:
• skip counting from a known fact
• using doubling or halving
• using doubling or halving and adding or subtracting one more group
• using patterns in the 9s facts
• using repeated doubling
to determine basic multiplication facts to 9 × 9 and related division facts.
*Understand and apply strategies for multiplication and related division facts to 9 × 9. Recall multiplication and related division facts to7 × 7.*
Print out and laminate for use again and again!
Includes 60 different task cards and two different answer recording sheets.
Skills covered include
- Solve and write multiplication facts
- Multiplication strategies
- Solve and write division facts
- Division strategies
- Relationship between multiplication and division (including fact families, thinking multiplication for division and vice versa)
- Problem solving