MOGA = MATH + movement!
Research has proven that students who have opportunities to move, stretch and get out of seats are more successful learners. In my classroom, I've created "Moga" as a way to blend together math learning and movement, which results in happier, more focused students! This package gives you templates, instructions for how to "moga" and ideas for how to use it all.
- Begins with relaxation techniques to prepare students for a positive math practice
- Incorporates opposite side body movements to activate and energize the mind for learning
- Finishes with balance postures to focus the mind for future lessons
- Fosters an interactive, movement-based learning experience for children
Basic Operations Moga includes computation concepts for whole numbers to help students in grades 3 and 4:
- Fluently add and subtract within 1000 and then through 1,000,000
- Fluently estimate solutions to addition/subtraction problems
- Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10-90, and then 4 by 1 digit and 2 by 2 digit factors
- Basic Operations Moga may be used as practice, review, extension or fluency-building
Blanks are provided so you can create targeted review problems to individualize practice...
Give it a try today!