If you're like me you LOVE using Seesaw to showcase student work and communicate with parents. But it's also an amazing tool to use for student assessment. I have created some Basic Skills assessments that are ready to use and will provide you with information about what your students know. And since you're posting it to their journals you can immediately share the information with parents! It's an excellent resource to build those home/school connections and give your parents important information about things they may need to help students with at home! It's a win-win for you and the parents! I've been using these assessments and they have really helped me to have the information at my fingertips.
Included: Upper and Lower Case recognition, Letter Sounds, Numbers to 20, Number Writing, Name Writing (2 versions), colors assessment, 2 and 3 dimensional shapes, and Sight Words Assessment.
Directions for use:
1. Upload the JPEG files to your class Seesaw journals.
2. Copy and Edit to create a new file for each student
3. Use the draw feature to mark each assessment for mastery
4. Post it either to yourprivate teacher folders or to your student folders
5. To use the same document all year long to show progress simply select "copy and edit" and choose a different color in the draw feature each time.
I hope you enjoy this packet and find the information to be useful and beneficial to you and your families. If you'd like to see a video of how I use these files for assessment you can go to my blog at www.kinderkeri.blogspot.com.