If you work with students in special education or early learners, distance learning can be tough because students don't yet know how to attend to activities online or use a mouse or touch screen. This video, teaching programs, and slide activities are designed to help you teach students the basic skills they need to get started with online learning.
⭐️⭐️If you are a member of the Special Educator Academy, do not purchase this product as it is included. in your membership.⭐️⭐️
- This set of materials is designed for students who do not yet attend to someone talking on a screen, do not know how to use a mouse or touch screen, or who need more practice to increase attention to computer activities.
- It would be appropriate for students of any age, but is designed specifically for early childhood and special education students.
⭐️ 1 Google Slides™️ and PowerPoint™️ slide set for practicing clicking and then clicking and dragging the mouse
⭐️ 1 Google Slides™️ and PowerPoint™️ slide set for practicing touching a touch screen and dragging items
⭐️ Link to 1 35-minute video walking you through the instruction of the programs and how to use the tools that can be reviewed whenever needed
⭐️ 9 teaching programs, written for ABA instruction, on graphing data sheets covering the following skills.
- designed for students who have some skills at following directions but need to adapt to online video conference and mouse use. Takes learner from attending and following directions on screen to clicking and dragging objects with the mouse.
- same as above but with touch and drag skills
- increases attending to person on video conference from initial orienting to their name called to 10 minutes with no more than 2 redirections
- designed to move learner to orient to the screen when his/her name is called to following directions to raise hand, touch screen or touch the mouse when told
- designed to move the learner through imitating 3 simple actions of the adult on screen including moving the mouse
- designed to move the learner through imitating simple actions to touching and then dragging finger on the screen
- takes the students through the practice slides (or other material you may have) to learning to click and then click and drag items across the screen
- This program takes students through the touch screen practice slides (or other material) to learning to tap and drag items across the touch screen.
- designed to help students start to attend and increase their time attending to group activities up to taking turns
⭐️⭐️ The programs and video in this toolkit are meant to provide structure for instruction. for educators experienced in providing systematic instruction. It does not provide or replace training in behavioral instruction. or discrete trials.
- Data sheet provide clear small steps for students to master larger skills with clear objectives
- Data sheets graph as instruction is provided for easy analysis and progress monitoring
- Video is provided through Vimeo and walks you through all the elements of the toolkit and instruction
- Slides activities support the instructional programs with activities for the students.
This product is copyrighted to Christine Reeve for use in one classroom or caseload. They may not be copied for additional classes without purchasing extra licenses. They may be used and sent electronically to families on your caseload. For questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.