Basic Subtraction: Sames, Zeros, and Fact Families
Rounding out our Basic Addition and Subtraction series is our Basic Subtraction: Sames, Zeros, Fact Families handout. As per usual, we kick things off with a thorough mini-lesson and then jump right into some awesome practice. Trust us, you don't want to miss this.
We also want to remind you that all the handouts in this series are available in our neatly packaged Basic Addition and Subtraction Bundle
Now, let’s dive in and take a look at how this handout is structured.
Here's what we provide:
* Mini-Lesson: Learn the Skill
-Skill is laid out in an easily digestible format with vocabulary, definitions, diagrams and an example problem. Students have this tool at their fingertips while completing the assignment.
* Use What You Know: Apply the Skill
-Offers immediate reinforcement of the skill. Questions approach problems from more than one angle to ensure full understanding.
* Show What You Know: Word Problems
-This section helps students practice determining what a question is asking them, as well as how to recognize and use key words.
* Prove What You Know: Test Prep
-Students can never be TOO ready for EOGs, EOCs, and other standardized tests, so here they practice good test-taking strategies with multiple choice questions.
* Spiral Review
-Kids' brains are like sponges, but knowledge can leak back out if they don't re-soak, so to speak. This review dusts the cobwebs off of earlier units.
* Answer Key
-Time is money (or rest, or quality time with your family, or really whatever you want to spend it doing), so we always include answer keys for the teacher-on-the-go!
* Print in color for best results
* Consider printing front and back for green points
* Consider splitting up the longer handouts (more than 2 pages) across multiple days (i.e. odd/even)
* Continue shopping at the 88Brains store ;)
* Keep being awesome
Looking for links to our other awesome math materials? Look no further, friend!
More handouts in our Basic Addition and Subtraction unit:
* Basic Addition: Counting On and Making a Ten pgs FREEBIE 1-2
* Basic Addition: Doubles and Doubles Plus One pgs 3-4
* Basic Addition: Adding Three Numbers pgs 5-6
* Basic Subtraction: Counting Back and Counting Up pgs 7-8
- Basic Subtraction: Sames, Zeroes, and Fact Families pgs 9-10 -
* Basic Addition and Subtraction Quiz
Check out our other math units:
Place Value Bundle
Multiplication and Division Bundle
Properties of Multiplication and Division Bundle
Area and Perimeter Bundle
Measurement and Data
Following, Rating, and Earning Credits:
to follow 88Brains!
"How can I LEAVE FEEDBACK and GET CREDITS for my future TpT purchases?"
♦ Open the My TpT tab (top of the web page, between the Search box and the My Cart tab).
♦ Click on My Purchases (you may be prompted to Log In).
♦ Click the Provide Feedback button next to the product you'd like to Rate.
♦ Let us know what's working for you, what you'd like to see more of, etc. This helps us provide you with the best service possible.
♦ Every dollar you spend equals 1 Credit, and every 20 Credits equal $1.00 off future purchases, but you've got to Rate and Comment to earn them!
♦ Earn Credits, Save $$$, Repeat
Thanks for taking the time to check us out!
We looove hearing from you, so drop us a line anytime.