This packet would be a great way to start April. It is packed with four math and four literacy centers.
Aligned to common core standards!!
1. True/False Addition and Subtraction Sentences. Students decide if the sum or difference is true or false and sort them on the workmats provided.
2. Bunny's Eggs: This activity uses Easter baskets and bunnies to compare which bunny has more or less eggs in their basket. Greater than, less than, and equal symbols are provided.
3. Adding and Subtracting Tens: Students will add two eggs together and match it to the basket with the correct answer.
4. Bunny Measurement: Students will use non-standard units (Examples: paper clips, teddy bear counters, etc.) to measure the lengths of flower and carrots.
1. Spring Order: Students will order words in the eggs in alphabetical order.
2. Contraction Match-Up: Students will match the two words that make up a contraction.
3. Long a Word Sort: Students will sort words with the long a sound onto three workmats. Patterns include: i with silent e, igh, and y.
4. Grammar Word Sort: Students will sort nouns, verbs, and adjectives onto workmats.
All activities include a title page and recording sheet for students to write answers on.