Basketball March Madness Treble Clef Staff Notes Presentation & Game
This super fun game is an excellent way to introduce and assess your students' recognition of treble clef staff notes (lines and spaces). As always, this activity has been tested in my own music classroom. My students had a blast playing this! See below for information about how I used this in my classroom.
ZIP FILE INCLUDES:
• Sequenced line and space name PowerPoint presentation and interactive review
• FOUR levels of printable cards for game play: 7 note name cards, 9 staff note cards, 16 word cards, and 16 staff note word cards
• Comes in a PPT format of the full set as well as a PDF version of only the printables
HOW I USED THE GAME:
• I divided my students into 5 teams. For the first two games, we played with each group seated and working together to find the correct answer. For the third and forth games, we sat in rows and played relay style.
• Score was kept as indicated in the instructions for the first two games.
• For the third and fourth games, rather than give one additional point (free throw) to the team who got the answer right first, I gave each person who got the right answer a chance to make a shot at a real mini basketball goal brought from home. Mine was a Little Tykes adjustable mini goal that stands on the floor, but you could use an over-the-door mini goal or simply use a waste basket and paper ball.
Depending on how frequently you see your classes, you could even set this up with a bracket to play it tournament style! ENJOY!