Slam Dunk Adders!
A basketball themed addition fact matching game.
Included is an addition card game that mimics the old basketball game, 21 tips, that many of us played at recess when we were kids. Students will practice addition facts in a fun game versus a friend. Students will take turns trying to find the correct problem and answer match to score a basket. First player to score 21 baskets wins!
Included In File:
Addition Flash Cards Numbers 1-9
Game Scoring Sheet
Objective: To be the first player to score 21 baskets.
1. Choose one or two fact groups to work on. Shuffle cards and place face down on playing surface in even rows.
2. Tip Off! Youngest player goes first.
3. Players take turns flipping over two cards each turn looking for a matching problem and answer.
4. A player makes a basket by finding a match. The “scoring” player removes both cards and marks a basketball on the score board.
5. When the cards are “expired” (All matches have been made) reshuffle and continue game.
6. First player to 21 wins!
Go for the VICTORY when your students "shoot" out of their seats to play this game!