This is a hilarious and engaging way to help students review the Realidades 2, 5A chapter. It’s similar to Jeopardy, but all groups work on every question, and students make free-throw shots with a ball and recycling bin to earn their points!
The Powerpoint includes instructions to explain to the students, fifteen review questions (their answers appear on a click), and three slides of detailed Teacher Tips. While clear instructions are included in the Powerpoint, here is a little more information about the game:
1. To set up, put a clean recycling/trash bin along a wall. Create three free throw lines on the floor using masking tape (one five feet from the basket, one eight feet, and one twelve feet) that are worth one, two and three points.
2. Put students in groups of about five, and explain the directions.
3. Show the first question and give students one minute to write (students will be discussing the answer quietly, so other groups don’t hear). At the count of three, every group holds up their board. Go around the room and say “Si” or “ooo… casi” to each group’s answer.
4. Each group that had a correct answer sends a volunteer to the front of the room to make a free throw. These volunteers can choose what line to stand at. Expect to hear a little cheering during this part! Keep track of points.
5. Continue this pattern for each question. Half-way through, there is a twist, where students can actually take away points from other teams. This is explained more in-depth in the Powerpoint.
In summary, students will work hard at these questions for a minute, there will be a minute or two of students making free-throws, and then the pattern keeps going. I love this game because it is very organized, fun, and educational. My students request this game for every chapter, and I hope it becomes a favorite in your classes too!