This activity can be used in small groups OR as a center.
Students divide up into small groups and practice recall of notes on the bass clef music staff with this Memory-Match Card game. Because the note-names and notes are actually printed on different colors of cards, the students have to get a match between the note on the staff and the letter name, making them practice recall of the actual note placement.
1. Print the template
2. Copy the "Note" cards onto one color of cardstock
3. Copy the "Letter" cards onto a different color of cardstock
5. Cut apart
1. Students divide into small groups of 2-4 students per group
2. Spread all of the cards face down onto the floor
3. Have each student take a turn, drawing one card from each color
4. If the note name matches the note on the staff, then the student keeps the "match" and takes another turn. If it is not a match, then the student turns the cards back over and the next person takes a turn.