What educators are saying
Also included in
- Thematic Units for All YearDo you love teaching through themes through out the year? Thematic units are perfect a way to easy blend science, social studies, and math into your reading time. Not only do they engage your students, they build vocabulary, deeper understanding of topics, and a love of lPrice $49.00Original Price $76.50Save $27.50
- Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice Sale- Bats and Spiders Activities This fun and engaging bundle combines my two favorite themes to teach in October: bats and spiders! Each unit is jam-packed with activities to infuse science and your reading standards together! You will love teaching these bat andPrice $10.00Original Price $13.00Save $3.00
Bat Activities and Bat Unit: Ready to engage your students with the high interest subject of bats- all while covering all of your reading and science standards? In this bat unit, you will find many classroom favorite bat activities!
Use With Your Favorite Bat Books:
Many of the bat activities can be used with your favorite fiction and non-fiction bat books, including the titles:
- "Bat Loves the Night"
- "Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats"
Other great book suggestions and videos are available in this pack. You and your students will love all the bat activities available in this bat unit pack!
How to use it in your classroom!
Want to see how to use these bat activities as part of your bat unit? See this unit in action!
Resource Page: Books, websites, and videos to help teach your bat unit. Perfect to help you organize your bat study and all the bat activities!
- KWL interactive anchor chart for class to document their learning about bats. Also includes a mini KWL for students to record their own bat learning
- Bats VS. Birds Comparison chart to compare how bats and birds are alike and different! Perfect if you're reading Stellaluna! Also includes a printable Venn diagram comparing and contrasting bats and birds for students to record their own information on bats and birds.
- Bat Vocabulary “read and do” activity to build content-specific vocabulary related to bats.
- Blank vocabulary “read and do” activity so you can add your own vocabulary words.
- Bat Vocabulary Assessment (PARCC Style Questions- Ideal for 2nd and 3rd graders)
Bat Worksheets-Quick Prints to use throughout your unit:
- Bats Vs. Birds Tab-book for comparing bats and birds
- Bats! Reading Comprehension Passage-Original non-fiction text “Bats! Bats! Bats!” with CCSS style comprehension questions.
- Fiction Vs. Non-Fiction Bat Books style- perfect quick print to use in literacy stations as students explore bat themed books.
- 3-2-1- Summarizing my Learning recording sheet- allows students to summarize their learning in this easy to complete, but rigorous summarizing activity. Perfect for allowing students to share what they've learned about bats!
Hands-on and Engaging Bat Crafts and Bat Activities:
- Bat Fact cards on 8 different species of bats- have students learn more about these misunderstood creatures.
- Folding Up Bat Facts! Fact and opinion sort with bat craft and mini booklet. A class favorite bat activity!
- “B is for Bat” ABC Order Center- great activity for students to work with bat vocabulary!
- “B is for Bat”- ABC order cut and paste activity- Students can complete this bat activity after completing their ABC order center game.
Bat Writing Activities and Crafts:
- “My Batty Adventure” Writing Craft with writing paper and symmetrical bat tracer- perfect craft to complete and hang up around your classroom for a bat cave!
- Bat report form and report writing sheet- perfect for beginning researchers! Students will love learning more about bats!
- “Bats are…” Opinion writing craft with grading rubric- perfect way to end your unit and to have students share what they've learned about bats.
Looking for MORE seasonal fun?! Check out these resources:
Not So Spooky Halloween Activities
What teachers are saying about this unit:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐-"Wow what a great unit on bats. I love the bat vocabulary activities. Thanks so much!"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐-"My students loved using this to learn about bats! There are so many activities and it fit well with our unit. Great resource!
— Desiree S. "
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐-"This was a wonderful resource for my students' first group research project! Everything I needed was included! Thanks!"
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly. :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
♥ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher