Go batty for Bat Loves the Night and use this cross curricular reading unit to build your students' comprehension, vocabulary, sequence skills, and understanding of bats! The story of Bat Loves the Night can easily be integrated into Reading/Language Arts lessons, Writing, and Math with this reading cross curricular unit. The unit contains lesson plans for 5 days with 90 minutes of lesson plans for each day (which could certainly be extended for more time).
The unit contains:
* 5 days of detailed lesson plans for Bat Loves the Night (each lasting 90 minutes), with Common Core standards listed on each page.
* A complete week of vocabulary work: definitions, 3 worksheets that can be used for homework, a vocabulary center definition sheet, and a vocabulary quiz
* 2 Math worksheets on number order and graphing
* How- to Writing involving sequence
* A story assessment that incorporates writing short answer responses using text details and citing text for support
* Science research assignment on types of bats including a recording sheet and rubric for oral presentations.
If you like this product, please follow my store and check out my other reading units!
You may be interested in:
Charlotte's Web Common Core Reading Unit
Boy Were We Wrong About Dinosaurs Common Core Reading Unit
Lead Us to Freedom, Harriet Tubman Common Core Reading/Social Studies Unit