Bat Math and Activities is a great integrated resource for the Fall season, Halloween, or as an addition to a bat research project. The word problem task cards will keep your students engaged as they practice several math skills and learn about bats. There are 12 self-checking math problems with the answer on the back. Students can play a board game with them or put a geometric bat puzzle together as they play. Teachers also have the option of using these problems in worksheet form. Separate answer sheets are available to assess student thinking and ability. Choices also include how your students record their answers. But the fun doesn’t end there. Also included is a bat kite project, bat craft activities, and bat coloring sheets with a space for writing a caption. All color pages come in black and white for your printing needs. This product is great for centers, whole class activities, projects, bat research study, and individual math practice.
PLEASE CHECK THE PREVIEW.
COMMON CORE STANDARDS INCLUDED
Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
Multiply one-digit whole numbers by multiples of 10 in the range 10-90
Use multiplication and division within 100 to solve word problems in situations involving equal groups, arrays, and measurement quantities
Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
Add, subtract, multiply, or divide to solve one-step word problems involving masses or volumes that are given in the same units
Recognize rhombuses, rectangles, and squares as examples of quadrilaterals, and draw examples of quadrilaterals that do not belong to any of these subcategories.
INCLUDED IN THIS RESOURCE
* Directions and suggestions
* BATTY BUG HUNT Board Game with bat game pieces (in color or black and white)
* GEOMETRIC BAT PUZZLE that can be used separately or put together as students use the math task cards.
* 12 SELF-CHECKING MATH WORD PROBLEM TASK CARDS (in color or black and white)
* WORKSHEETS with the same 12 problems for students to show their work and answers.
* BAT ANSWER SHEETS for students to write their answers and explain their thinking.
* SHORT ANSWER RECORDING SHEETS used as an alternative for quick assessment.
* ANSWER KEY
* 4 BAT CENTER SIGNS that give student directions (3 color choices and 1 black and white)
* 3 BAT COLORING PAGES with a box at the bottom for students to write a caption.
* MAKE A BAT KITE PROJECT with pattern, directions, and suggestions for use.
* BAT FINGER PUPPETS that includes 2 different choices and suggestions for use.
* BAT CRAFT ACTIVITY for a geometry lesson. Can then be used to hang from the ceiling and decorate your classroom.
* BAT MASK that students can wear for fun or when giving a bat presentation.
* KID FRIENDLY BAT WEBSITE LIST for research or reference.
* KID FRIENDLY BAT YOUTUBE SITES for introduction to bats, research, or added fun.
MORE HALLOWEEN MATH (Great for centers)
Halloween Math Word Problems for 3rd Grade
Halloween Math Word Problems for 4th Grade
ADDITIONAL COMMON CORE RESOURCES
Thanksgiving Turkey Math Word Problem Task Card Center for 3rd Grade: CCSS Aligned
Christmas Math Word Problems for 3rd: CCSS Aligned