My students go Batty over learning about Bats during the month of October. These activities could be used for learning stations or whole class activities.
1. Bats - Students will read the comprehension passage about Bats and answer comprehension questions.
2. I'm Batty for Vocabulary - Students will define vocabulary taken from the reading passage.
3. Bat Reports - Students will select a bat species and write a report on this form.
4. Going Batty Headbands - Each student will cut out a bat using a pattern, decorate, and glue it to a sentence strip. They will add 4-5 fact sentences.
5. Bat Facts - Students will research bats and write facts on the Bat Facts mini-poster which features a bat hanging upside down.
6. Bat Poetry - Students will write rhyming poems with bat facts using the sample poem that I wrote.