Two weeks of rigorous, differentiated, and exciting activities on bats. This bundle includes EVERYTHING
you will need for two weeks in ELA and Science using the books Stellaluna, By Janell Cannon a fictional book and National Geographic: Bats, By Elizabeth Carney a nonfiction book.
CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT 30 WEEKS of CLOSE READS USING PICTURE BOOKS in this MONEY and TIME SAVING BUNDLE!
Your students will be:
♦ actively engages in rigorous ELA and Science standards
♦ learning about nonfiction text features
♦ how to locate facts and information in text
♦ comparing and contrasting
♦ write informative and opinion pieces
♦ making text to self connections
♦ using graphic organizers
♦ building vocabulary
♦ building phonics understanding
♦ and so much more
10 Days of Lesson Plans and Activities for Kindergarten, First, Second, and Third grade.
This Interactive Bats Close Read Unit is so detailed you will save yourself hours of time planning and gathering resources.
Skills Covered in this Bat Unit:
• Differences between FICTION and NONFICTION books
• USING VENN DIAGRAM
• USING GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
• USING CAN, HAVE, ARE DIAGRAMS
• READING and LABELING DIAGRAMS
• LIFE CYCLE of BATS
• PARTS of a BOOK
• TABLE of CONTENTS
• HOW TO USE each part of a NONFICTION BOOK
• COMPARE and CONTRAST FICTION and NONFICTION with a VENN DIAGRAM
• MAKING PREDICTIONS
• VOCABULARY WORK
• EXPANDING VOCABULARY
• INFORMATIVE WRITING
• NARRATIVE WRITING
• CONCEPTS of PRINT
• COMPARE and CONTRAST CHARACTERS
• MAKING PREDICTIONS
• PROBLEMS and SOLUTIONS
• WRITING NARRATIVES
• WRITING OPINION PIECES
• CONCEPT SORTS
• RHYMING WORDS FOR EGG and RED (SHORT E)
• INITIAL SOUND SORT for ST-
• FINAL SOUND SORT for -TCH
These Interactive Close Read Alouds are recommended for Kindergarten through 3rd grade and comes with detailed lessons plans for each grade and meet Common Core Standards in each Grade. These 2 Read Alouds can easily be used in 4th grade!
• 2 WEEKS of DAILY LESSON PLANS for K-3rd Grade
• 4 RIGOROUS FOCUS QUESTIONS for ELA JOURNALS or DAILY WRITING
• BAT DIAGRAM for LABELING
• BAT LIFE CYCLE POSTER in COLOR
• STUDENT BAT LIFE CYCLE WORKSHEET
• FICTION and NONFICTION POSTERS in COLOR
• BAT POEM
• VOCABULARY PRINT and GO SHEETS for ELA JOURNALS (4 per page)
• 5 QUESTIONS ASSESSMENT (2 per page)
• BAT IDEAS to integrate SCIENCE
• BAT GLUE and FLIP-IT COVER PAGES ( 2 per sheet)
• 2 INFORMATIONAL GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
• GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS for SOMEBODY WANTED BUT SO THEN
• QUESTIONS to TEACH students HOW to DIG DEEPER INTO TEXT
• EASY PREP PRINTABLE for ELA JOURNALS
• 2 COMPARE and CONTRAST VENN DIAGRAM
• 5 QUESTION ASSESSMENT
• STUDENT ELA VOCABULARY CARDS (4 per page)
• 8 ILLUSTRATED COMPREHENSION CARDS (4 per page)
• ILLUSTRATED 5 PART STORY SEQUENCING (2 per page)
• 2 WRITING FOCUS QUESTIONS (8 per page)
• BAT PROJECT
• BAT PROJECT PARENT NOTE
• BAT PROJECT PATTERN
• 1 RHYMING WORDS WORKSHEET
• 1 INITIAL and ENDING SOUNDS WORKSHEET
• 4 PHONICS CARDS 5 x 7
• 1 RHYMING WORDS POSTER 8 x 10
• ANSWER KEYS
• 2 FLIP TAB COVERS CONCEPT SORTS for 2nd and 3rd Grade
• 14 CONCEPTS of PRINT COLORED 5 x 7 POSTERS
• FICTION and NONFICTION ILLUSTRATED POSTERS
• GRAPHING ACTIVITY HOOK in COLOR and BLACK and WHITE
• GRAPHING PIECES in COLOR and BLACK and WHITE
Be sure and check out my other some of my other products by clicking on the links below.
ANIMALS AROUND THE WORLD BUNDLE for ELA and SCIENCE
FALL LITERACY CENTERS
PENGUINS FICTION and NONFICTION CLOSE READ SET for K-3rd GRADE
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
Please be sure and share anything you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL FREEBIES just for YOU!
Don't forget to leave feedback on ALL your purchases for FREE TpT Credits that can be used on any TpT product, and in any TpT Seller's Store!
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!