Also included in
- This is a bundle of my Guided Reading with a Purpose units 7-10 that I teach in the month of October. The theme for the week 7 is BATS. The focus reading strategy is fact vs. opinion although there is SO MUCH more included. The theme for week 8 is MONSTERS. The focus reading strategy is PREDICTING.$40.00$51.00Save $11.00
- Are you looking for a way to use real children's literature to teach your students guided reading strategies in whole group? This MEGA bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading strategy for your whole group guided reading and writing. It is designed for my first grade classroom but can$400.00$585.50Save $185.50
This unit was created for one week of whole group guided reading and writing. The theme for the week is BATS. The focus reading strategy is fact vs. opinion although there is SO MUCH more included. Each day a different story will focus on fact vs. opinion, and informative text. There are daily lesson plans, anchor charts, literacy connections, sorting activities, crafts and ideas for project based learning. It is all you will need and more to introduce, cover, and teach this concept.
The literature used in this unit is:
• Bats by Gibbons
• Bats Creatures of the Night by Milton
• Fly Guy Presents: Bats by Arnold
• Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
• All about Bats by Me (a digital version with real photos or a paper pencil mini book)
160 + pages of fun!
There are also blank templates so you can incorporate any book with the literacy connections.
This is part of a weekly series of units covering different reading strategies throughout the year.
Grab 40 week’s worth of a MEGA BUNDLE at a discounted price!
If you would like to join me live to discuss these ideas and more in my classroom, please join my private group.JOIN MY GROUP ~ FIRST GRADE ROARS ~ CONNECT & COLLABORATE ON FACEBOOK.
Some other fun ways to connect....FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK.