Also included in
- Back to School Science Bundle 1 | Biomimicry NGSS: Looking for fresh ideas to welcome back your students to the new term. This Back to School Science Bundle is perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. Reviews of other Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:Project b$11.00$15.00Save $4.00
- Back to School | Bundle Biodiversity Climate Change Space Dinosaurs BiomimicryLooking for exciting science resources that students will appreciate and enjoy using? Spark an interest in space, nature and wildlife as well as the environment with resources in this bundle. Reviews of other Sparking Ch$32.00$48.50Save $16.50
- Science Bundle 4 | Distance Learning Google Classroom™: Need something for distance learning? This bundle has 8 resources that have been specifically made for Google Classroom. There are also resources that are perfect to use in the classroom, distance-learning or homeschooling. What do I receive?T$90.00$137.50Save $47.50
Bats | NGSS STEAM Biomimicry Project Based Learning Digital Activities:
Looking for something exciting for a project based learning unit? This unit focuses on the study of bats. This is a lesson plan that will guide you through the process of using biomimicry and steam activities to inspire students to ask questions, study bats and use creative thinking to explore ideas.
These activities are fun and engaging.
Feel inspired, Be Creative and Make Change.
Bats are fascinating creatures that sometimes have a bad reputation. Here they provide inspiration for new ideas - the focus is on medical applications.
This resource has been prepared so that your students can use it on digital devices. I have selected suitable slides for you, you need to insert text boxes and you can also add instructions for your students.
Contact me on email@example.com if you have any questions, thanks.
1. Short introduction to biomimicry
2. Ways to find out about bats
3. Interesting things about bats
4. Echolocation in caves
5. Bat anatomy
6. Flexible wings
7. Ideas for healing skin
8. Honduran white bats
9. Tent-making bats
10. Yellow ears, face, nose, legs, and wings - macular disease
11. Explore how studying bats can help humans
12. Fruit bats
13. Nocturnal nuisances or fascinating friends?
14. Bumblebee bats
15. Hanging upside down
16. Questions for a vampire bat
17. Myths and vampire bats
18. Are bats a nuisance?
19. Feel inspired, Be Creative, Make a Change - Use random inspiration to invent something inspired by bats.
Reviews of Sparking Children's Thinkibility products:
"This product is absolutely the favorite one I have purchased all fall! I love the information that is provided about bats - just enough to intrigue and encourage higher level thinking. There are graphic organizers, worksheets, and subtle suggestions to help young learners perform at their best! And best of all, it stretches their creativity! Thanks for such an amazing resource!"
"Used this for a Kindergarten STEAM club unit and it was a hit!"
Why am I qualified to write these biomimicry resources? I am a member of BEN - Biomimicry Education Network - and a curator of educational resources at BEN. I am the author of the book Biomimicry with Theo & Tuva: Nature spotting inspires wild ideas. In 2015, I completed a course in Biomimicry: A Sustainable Design Methodology at Minneapolis College of Art and Design.
• This download is a PDF and is formatted in US Letter size. If you would prefer an alternate sizing, A4 size or spelling (colour vs color etc.), please leave me a note in the ‘ask a question section of my store'.