Bats Nonfiction Book Study Informational Text Reading Comprehension Fact Opinion
Also included in
- Are you looking for a way to use real children's literature to teach your students guided reading strategies in whole group? This bundle will provide a weekly focus theme and reading comprehension strategy for your whole group guided reading. It is designed for a first grade classroom but can be adPrice $400.00Original Price $652.50Save $252.50
- This is a bundle of my Guided Reading with a Purpose units 7-10 that I teach in the month of October. The themes included are bats, spiders, monsters, and halloween. The focus strategies are predicting, fact vs. opinion, fact and details, and main idea and details. This resource I jam packed with lPrice $40.00Original Price $63.00Save $23.00
One of my favorite fall units to teach is this unit on bats. We transform our reading area into a batty cave, dress in black on the last day, and learn so many amazing things. During this week the focus reading strategy is fact vs. opinion although there is SO MUCH more included. Each day a different story will focus on fact vs. opinion, and loads of review comprehension strategies we have already learned. Each week will include daily lesson plans, posters, parent connect letter,original strategy songs, comprehension strategies,literacy connections, extension activities, sort activities, and crafts. A digital bat book is also included that can be opened as a pdf file or PowerPoint.
The literature used in this unit is:
- Bats by Gibbons
- Bats Creatures of the Night by Milton
- Fly Guy Presents: Bats by Arnold
- Stellaluna by Janell Cannon
- All about Bats by Me (a digital version with real photos or a paper pencil mini book)
- 160 + pages of fun!
- There are also blank templates so you can incorporate any book with the literacy connections.
This is part of a weekly series of units covering different reading strategies throughout the year. Guided Reading with a Purpose MEGA BUNDLE.
Some other fun ways to connect....
©GUIDED READING WITH A PURPOSE