Re-enforce or teach multiplication and arrays through this multiplication game.
This resource includes coloured games boards as well as a less ink intensive version.
• One grid
• 2 dice
• 1 different coloured pencil per player
1. Player 1 rolls the 2 dice and draws an array of that size anywhere on the grid.
2. Player 1 writes the number of squares they coloured in on the grid inside the array.
3. Players take turns.
4. A player who can’t fit their array on the grid misses a turn.
5. The winner is the player who has coloured in the most squares when the grid is completed or
after a given amount of time.
Ways to use this resource:
1. Laminate the playing board and have students use whiteboard markers to play the game.
2. Print off copies and play as it is.
3. Use ‘dabbers’ or mini stamps to cover the squares with arrays.
4. Use this game as a maths centre.