Pairs of students will play the classic battleship game (aligned to common core standards) on a coordinate plane by placing their ships and guessing each other's coordinate.
1) Pair the students with a partner.
2) Students pick the coordinates for all four ships (secretly!).
3) Students take turns guessing where their partner's ships lie.
4) Each student must label each guess as either a hit or a miss.
5) The first player to sink all of the ships wins!
Please write a review to let me know if your class enjoyed this activity!
Assign on EASEL for a quick and fun activity.
You can purchase ALL of my 6th grade Common Core Resources HERE:
Check out some of my other graphing activities here: