Have students study Thanksgiving through the perspective of being a historian.
This zip file contains the following:
- Turkey Day Trivia - 5 questions about the history of Thanksgiving to motivate the students to learn more. Complete with gobble sounds for the correct answers.
- The History of Thanksgiving PowerPoint - 23 slides covering the true history of Thanksgiving from the First Thanksgiving at Plymouth to the traditions of today.
- Primary Source Analysis - Students analyze the primary source that our tradition of Thanksgiving is based off of. The original version of the text is included with a simplified version as well.
- My Thanksgiving History - After students have learned the importance of the history of Thanksgiving, have students be their own historians and record information about their traditions.
- Creative Writing Prompts - 6 prompts. Most for writing historical fiction narratives.
- Compare and Contrast Thanksgiving Then and Now - Venn Diagram, Common Core aligned writing rubrics (for grades 1-2 and 3-5), lined stationary.
- 4 page teacher guide included.
Download the preview for a closer look at the thumbnails and the teacher guide.
Download 2 pages for free with our My History of Thanksgiving Freebie.
**** You can also purchase the History of Thanksgiving PowerPoint separately here
Best wishes for a joyful Thanksgiving season with your students! Please follow us - free item added each week in addition to our growing collection of Social Students and ELA materials.