NOTE: This puzzle is meant to be used after students have read the book. Also, because the answers to most of the clues consist of one word, students will benefit from the use of a thesaurus rather than a dictionary.
Students solve this crossword by providing synonyms and antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS. Each clue contains a vocabulary word and the sentence in which it appears in the book. Students must decide provide either a synonym or an antonym for the challenging word.
Examples of clues:
* “Is this some kind of new FAD or something?” asked his father. (___ thing to do; syn.) ANSWER: popular
* Some INFERIOR minds call it “stick-to-it-iveness.” (ant.) ANSWER: better
* The only other real problem was that the vegetable began to develop a rather PUNGENT odor... (ant.) ANSWER: weak
* “You sure are,” Milo replied. “Perfectly OBNOXIOUS. And we can’t stand living with you!” (ant.) ANSWER: wonderful
* This is ESSENTIAL if you wish to become perfect. (syn.) ANSWER: necessary
More challenging—and fun!—than a typical vocabulary crossword!
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
The 25 words in this puzzle are also listed and defined on the BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS edition of Bookmarks Plus. Please see the list of products below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS 50-word Prereading Crossword, which familiarizes students with new words before they read the book. Please see the list of products below.
USE ALL THREE TO REINFORCE MEANING!
Please note that if you alert me of a mistake on one of my products, you’ll receive another product for the same title for free (and, of course, you’ll be able to download the revised version at no cost).
Here are my fun and challenging products over BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS!
• Bookmarks Plus: BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS!—Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS! 50-word Prereading Crossword
Familiarize students with new words before they read the book! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Be a Perfect Person in Just Three Days Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• BE A PERFECT PERSON IN JUST THREE DAYS! Synonym/Antonym Crossword
Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!