Also included in
- This social emotional learning (SEL) and mental health mega-bundle includes 37 robust mini-units which feature both face-to-face and online strategies students can use to improve their learning, relationships, mental and emotional health, and personal safety. Each mini-unit (called a Qit) explores aPrice $90.00Original Price $144.00Save $54.00
This FREE mini-unit focuses on developing skills and strategies for being an upstander to bullying in both face-to-face and online situations. Students will learn how to use empathy for motivation to intervene in bullying situations, determine whether or not it is safe to intervene, and apply simple verbal and nonverbal approaches to help a bullying victim get away in this robust mini-unit (called a Qit).
What's Included in This Qit
- a Prezi in two formats (projectable and printable)
- 5 one-page, black-and-white, printable activities
- a user-friendly Answer Key
- clear, detailed instructions and teaching tips
Description of Materials
- Prezi: Choose from either an exciting projectable Prezi (Internet connection required) or a one-page, content-rich printable. Both formats include a three-step strategy (broken down with in-depth examples and details), vocab words and definitions, a writing activity, and more — all wrapped up in a sleek, eye-popping design featuring bold colors and modern graphics to appeal to tweens and teens.
- Worksheet: This short-answer printable can be used as a guided note-taking companion to the Prezi OR after the Prezi as a review, group activity, homework, or a quiz. So flexible!
- Strategy Practice Activity: Students dive deeper into the strategy they learned in the Prezi by analyzing the dialogue between two characters called Goobs. The Goobs endear themselves to students through their use of relatable and comic language sprinkled with pop culture lingo as they struggle to solve a social-emotional problem or conflict.
- Extension Activity: The attention-grabbing music theme of this printable activity will keep students engaged as they review and extend concepts from the Prezi to reorder a playlist that has been shuffled out of order. An included QR Code allows students to access a real online playlist of popular songs, all with lyrics and messages relating to the concept of being an upstander, once this activity is complete.
- Writing Activity: Relatable questions challenge students to reflect, think critically, and demonstrate the concepts they've learned in this printable activity, which is perfect for assessment.
- Real-Life Challenges Activity: By completing a checklist of real-life challenges, students will apply the concepts they've learned throughout the Qit to their own lives so they may practice and experience the strategies in action. This activity bridges the gap between classroom learning and real life by encouraging students to independently seek opportunities to apply the strategies they’ve learned in order to make sound and healthy decisions for themselves.
- Answer Key: Super organized and easy-to-use, this guide includes everything you need!
- Instructions for Use: This resource includes basic instructions for use and is designed to be low-prep and user-friendly. But if you *love* details (like me!) and want more ideas and tips on how to get the absolute most out of this resource, these links were designed just for you: Video Tutorials on how to open, navigate, and present your Prezi; an awesome Printable Teaching Tips Guide which highlights the key features of each material and provides teaching tips and discussion questions; an FAQ Page for quick access to answers; and even a fun, one-minute video to introduce etiQit and the concept of social emotional learning (SEL) to your students.
Try Before You Buy
Not sure if this resource is right for you? Here's how to find out:
• Download this FREE resource, Qit 8: Being an Upstander, which follows the same format and includes the same materials as every other Qit
• Click the green Preview button under the product photos on this page to see each material that is included
• Watch this video, Take a Tour of a Qit, to see inside a sample Qit and explore the included materials
• Check out this Printable Teaching Tips Guide, which highlights the key features of each material included in every Qit, as well as providing teaching tips and discussion questions
Similar Products Featuring Related Concepts
Notes on the Prezi
A Prezi is a digital slide presentation similar to a PowerPoint, but equipped with much more exciting viewing features such as zooming, turning, and perspective-changing, which students tend to love! To keep things super simple, a web link and password to access your Prezi online are included in the PDF you download with this resource — which means no enormous Prezi file or additional software to download, just a link to click. An Internet connection is required to view the Prezi, but that’s it — so easy! If you’re nervous about using Prezi for the first time, I’ve got you covered with Video Tutorials on how to open, navigate, and present your Prezi. Not tech-savvy? Not a problem! My Prezis are designed to be intuitive and easy to use, even for people who’ve never tried a Prezi before.
Please note that while the Prezi is full of exciting colors, graphics, and rich content, it is non-editable and does not include sound.
PS — Have you seen this Harvard University study which found Prezis to be more engaging, persuasive, and effective than PowerPoint?? Check it out!
Smiling Customers Guarantee
My goal is for this resource to being fresh, meaningful learning to your classroom, so please contact me if you have a question or problem. I’m super responsive to email and always try to reply within a couple hours. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help!
Hi! I’m Jen. And I created etiQit, where you'll find a fresh, modern approach to social emotional learning (SEL). My resources are perfect for teachers of specialty subjects (such as counseling and guidance, health, life skills, character education, special education, and speech) as well as general classroom teachers looking for low-prep, easy-to-implement SEL activities. Students will be hooked by the infusion of technology, social media, apps, music, and pop culture in etiQit materials, all of which foster an interactive SEL experience designed to promote the social emotional health and personal safety of young people living in a digital world. Thanks for joining me on a mission to advocate for emotionally healthy students, safer schools, and a better world through SEL!